Monday, November 05, 2007

Extracts from biography of kalpana chawla

Recently I have been through the biography of Kalpana Chawla, the real star from India. The following are the inspiring statements in her own words :

  • I think inspiration and tied with it is motivation, for me, definitely, it comes every day from all people in all walks of life. It's easy for me to be motivated and inspired by seeing somebody who just goes all out to do something.
  • The path from dreams to reality does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get onto it and the perseverance to follow it.
  • Religion is something which gives you peace of mind. And to me flying brings tremendous peace and satisfaction - so flying is my religion.
  • Do some thing because you really want to do it. If you're doing it just for the goal, and don't enjoy the path, then I think you're cheating yourself.
  • You just need to put in time and effort, but don't be too oriented towards the goal. You must enjoy the journey, because whether or not you get there, you really must have fun on the way.
  • There are people who accept you because it's a novelty and people who discourage you because it's just a novelty. If they can change you - you too, can change them.
All these were truly inspiring and motivating so I just made a note of them here....

No comments: