Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sri . Sri .

I used to hear right from my childhood that pen is mightier than sword.I never understood what it meant.It was only after reading the poems of sri.sri,I realized the actual sense in that phrase.First time I read his poem in 6th class accidentally looking at an eigth class text book.Late Sreerangam Sreenivasa rao whose name when just heard moves ones heart who ever can understand telugu.But this legend had no existence out side Andhra-pradesh.He was the first acepted poet to break open chains that were binding poetry to some rules.And wrote them in his own style,which he named "Navakavanam"[New poetry].He used to play around with words,that just by reading them one can feel the music lying in the poetry,not as a tune but that lie under the words covered by a thick layer of proper sense,very easy to traverse even by very little knowledge of language.Explaining a poet without reciting his poems is like showing Taj-mahal on a new moon day.This will be the same case even if I do so with sri.sri.All who know telugu can have a proper list and sense of his poems in a few days.

Vamsidhar

No comments: